Get off the Hilltop!
CSJ uses its 22 vans to get Georgetown students, faculty and staff to community-based partners around the DC-MD-VA area every day. Vans can also be requested by any department, program or unit that has access to benefits. CSJ vans are ideal for a class trip, student organization service project, or residence hall outing.
- We recommend that you submit a request at least two weeks prior to your requested date.
- Morning and weekend van requests are more likely to be approved as most of CSJ’s van needs are weekday afternoons and evenings.
- During peak hours, no more than five vans will be assigned to a group.
- There are additional fines for not adhering to van policies.
Driver Authorization Process
The driver authorization process consists of two requirements: 1) Online Driver Training; and 2) Van Disclosure and Authorization Form.
Follow these instructions in order to complete both requirements:
- Go to the United Educator's learning site.
- Complete the registration using your NetID and/or Georgetown University email address. Once entered into the system you will be taken to the learning portal.
- Once in the learning portal, you will see the Driver Safety course.
- Click on "Access Course" under the course title and then follow the prompts to begin the course. The course will take 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Once you complete the online driver training course, please complete Van Disclosure and Authorization Form to authorize a Motor Vehicle Report.
If you are not sure if you are currently authorized to drive a University vehicle, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and netID and we can confirm your authorization status.
How to Request a Van
- Find the van request form.
- Login to the van request form with your NetID and password.
- Fill out form and click submit. Note: To complete the form, you will need your unit’s GMS Work tags.
- Your reservation will need to be authorized by your staff or faculty advisor who has cost center authorization. Your staff or faculty advisor will receive an email requesting authorization.
- You will receive a confirmation of your request in 5 business days.
Van Location in Leavey Parking Garage
Find written directions to Leavey Parking Garage (P3 Leavey).
Find a map of barrier-free routes across campus.
Map with the Leavey Parking Garage location.
Questions? Need more information?
Please contact CSJ’s Van Coordinator, Lucia Cappelloni, at email@example.com or (202) 687-8958.
Find a cheat sheet on responding to van problems.
Need a quick refresher on CSJ van procedures and protocol? Click below to watch CSJ's short Van Tutorial video!
CSJ Vans InfoGraphic
Facts you should know about CSJ Vans:
1,609 Hoyas were transported by 1 van in the CSJ fleet throughout the region last academic year. This transportation resource is available for use for courses, field trips, program and retreats.
Questions and Answers:
- Is my unit eligible to reserve the CSJ vans? All GU academic departments and programs, administrative units, student organization with access to benefit are eligible to reserve and rent CSJ Vans.
- What are some of the main benefits of reserving a CSJ Van? Convenience: CSJ Vans are conveniently located on-campus in the P3 Leavey Center Garage. Van sizes and fleet: CSJ’s fleet includes 12-person and 7-person vans. CSJ manages a fleet of 22 vans for rent. Cost: There are hourly and daylong rates. The reservation rate includes your van’s initial fueling, regular van servicing, maintenance, safety inspections, and parking in the Leavey Parking Garage. There are no additional costs to you. Efficient customer service: Your van related questions/inquiries will be address within 48 business hours. Travel time/ distance: CSJ Vans may be rented for long overnight trips.
- What is the rental rate for CSJ Vans? $15/hour rental rate plus a $15/van reservation fee. $150/day for day-long or overnight use plus a $15/van reservation fee. No additional fees for mileage or fueling. *Travel outside of a 30 miles radius of Georgetown’s campus has a $ 25.00/day/per van roadside assistance fee. *For long distance or overnight rentals, CSJ will provide a full tank of gas, but the renter will be responsible for any additional fuel purchased.
- Why are there rental fees for CSJ vans? CSJ works closely with the Office of Risk Management and the University’s Garage Team, who are indispensable to our vans’ upkeep, service, inspection, and maintenance. To ensure the safety and ease of accessibility of our vans, charges cover daily and long-term maintenance and van servicing, fuel and a student team who ensure vans are adequately fueled and prepared for each trip, and University parking. Maintenance and Fuel (including cleaning)- $3,700 annually per van. Main Campus Parking Costs- $800.00 annually per van. Registration Renewal Fees - $255.00 annually per van.
- What is the CSJ van reservation and cancellation policy? To cancel a van reservation scheduled for Tuesday through Saturday, the renter must notify CSJ by 4:00 pm on the business day prior to the date of their reservation at firstname.lastname@example.org. To cancel a van reservation scheduled for Sunday or Monday, the cancellation notification must be given by 4:00pm on Friday by emailing the cancellation request to email@example.com.
- How to I become van driver authorized? To be a Georgetown University authorized driver, you must be at least 18 years old, have held a valid U.S. driver’s license for 1+ years, have an acceptable driving record.