Get off the Hilltop!
CSJ uses its 20 vans to get Georgetown students, faculty and staff to community-based partners around the DC-MD-VA area every day. Vans can also be requested by any department, program or unit that has access to benefits. CSJ vans are ideal for a class trip, student organization service project, or residence hall outing.
- We recommend that you submit a request at least two weeks prior to your requested date.
- Morning and weekend van requests are more likely to be approved as most of CSJ’s van needs are weekday afternoons and evenings.
- During peak hours, no more than five vans will be assigned to a group.
- There are additional fines for not adhering to van policies.
Driver Authorization Process
The driver authorization process consists of two requirements: 1) Online Driver Training; and 2) Van Disclosure and Authorization Form.
Follow these instructions in order to complete both requirements:
- Go to the United Educator's learning site.
- Complete the registration using your NetID and/or Georgetown University email address. Once entered into the system you will be taken to the learning portal.
- Once in the learning portal, you will see the Driver Safety course.
- Click on "Access Course" under the course title and then follow the prompts to begin the course. The course will take 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Once you complete the online driver training course, please complete Van Disclosure and Authorization Form to authorize a Motor Vehicle Report.
If you are not sure if you are currently authorized to drive a University vehicle, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and netID and we can confirm your authorization status.
How to Request a Van
- Find the van request form.
- Login to the van request form with your NetID and password.
- Fill out form and click submit. Note: To complete the form, you will need your unit’s GMS Work tags.
- Your reservation will need to be authorized by your staff or faculty advisor who has cost center authorization. Your staff or faculty advisor will receive an email requesting authorization.
- You will receive a confirmation of your request in 5 business days.
Van Location in Leavey Parking Garage
Find written directions to Leavey Parking Garage (P3 Leavey).
Find a map of barrier-free routes across campus.
Map with the Leavey Parking Garage location.
Questions? Need more information?
Please contact CSJ’s Van Coordinator, Lucia Cappelloni, at email@example.com or (202) 687-8958.
Need a quick refresher on CSJ van procedures and protocol? Click below to watch CSJ's short Van Tutorial video!