HOME Program: Homelessness Outreach | Meals | Education
Video Caption: Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff participants in Hypothermia Outreach for folks experienceing homelessness in the Georgetown neighborhood.
The HOME Program: Homelessness Outreach | Meals | Education coordinates CSJ’s multiple homeleness outreach and education efforts in collaboration with community partners, campus partners, and student organizations. The program includes awareness-buildling, advocacy campaigns, and direct service opportunities. All HOME programs aim to promote human dignity and respect for people experiencing homelessness.
HOME consists of four programs:
If you have any questions about the HOME Program: Homelessness Outreach | Meals | Education or additional homelessness outreach opportunities, please contact Brianna Ledsome, HOME Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hypothermia/Hyperthermia Resources and Numbers
- Hypothermia Hotline: 202-399-7093
- DC’s Hypothermia Shelter Hotline provides transportation to emergency shelters, and distributes items such as blankets, gloves and jackets.
- More information on DC’s hypothermia resources
- Community Crisis Center: 240-777-4000
- Shelter Services: 240-777-3289
- Non-Emergency Police: 301-279-8000
- Information on Montgomery County Shelter Services
- Information on Montgomery County Hypothermia Press Releases
Prince George’s County:
- Homeless hotline: 888-731-0999
- Non-Emergency Police: 301-352-1200
- Prince George’s County Hypothermia Resources
- Non-Emergency Police:
- Carpenter’s Shelter: 703-548-7500
- Non-Emergency Police: 703-746-4444
- More information on Alexandria Hypothermia Resources
- Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (A-SPAN): 703-228-7803
- Non-Emergency Police: 703-558-2222
- Department of Health and Human Services: 703-228-1350
- More information on Arlington County Hypothermia Resources
- Office to Prevent and End Homelessness: 703-324-9492
- Non-Emergency Police: 703-691-2131
- More information on Fairfax County Hypothermia Resources
- Winter Homeless Shelter (217 Gordon Road): 703-854-1400
- Non-Emergency Police: 703-248-5053
- More information on Falls Church Hypothermia Resources