Protection of Minors and Vulnerable Populations
Georgetown University has established a Protection of Minors Policy to protect those under 18 years of age who participate in programs and activities associated with the University and to provide guidance to University students, faculty and staff who are involved with such programs and activities. Read additional information about the policy.
CSJ is committed to educating students about their obligation to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect that they may encounter while working in CSJ programs. The introductory training for CSJ programs includes information about campus and online resources for reporting, as well as University and District of Columbia requirements. Situations that may require reporting are difficult, and CSJ staff members are available as resources to provide guidance and support to students who believe they have encountered a situation that requires reporting.
If at any point a student has questions about his or her obligations or what to do in a particular situation, the student should contact their Program Director and/or the CSJ Deputy Director, Ray Shiu. More information about CSJ’s reporting protocol. Questions about CSJ’s compliance with the Protection of Minors policy can be directed to CSJ’s Deputy Director, Ray Shiu.
Students participating in CSJ-sponsored or -affiliated programs that work with minors must attend a Protection of Minors training on one of the dates below. If you are unable to attend any of the trainings, contact CSJ’s Justice Graduate Intern for Training and Compliance as soon as possible. A good faith effort will be made to accommodate your scheduling requirements.
Training Dates for Spring 2023
Trainings are available for the following dates:
- Feb 3, Friday: 10:30 am -11:45 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r1985905 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 7, Tuesday: 2 pm – 3:15 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r1985865 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 13, Monday, 4 pm – 5:15 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r1985967 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 16, Thursday, 9 am -10:15 am https://cglink.me/2e6/r1985992 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 20, Monday, 06:30 pm -07:45 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r1986020 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 22, Wednesday, 02 pm – 03:15 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r1986133 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 24, Friday, 9 am – 10:15 am https://cglink.me/2e6/r1986173 (new window) (new window)
- Feb 28, Tuesday, 11 am 0 12:15 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r1986185 (new window) (new window)
- March 15, 2023: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r2065038 (new window)
- March 17, 2023: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r2071553 (new window)
- March 20, 2023: 03:30 – 05:30 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r2071502 (new window)
- March 22, 2023: 01:30 pm – 03:00 pm https://cglink.me/2e6/r2071505 (new window)
- March 24, 2023: 9:30 am – 11:00 am https://cglink.me/2e6/r2071556 (new window)
Protection of Minors Certification and Assumption of Risk Forms
After completing CSJ’s Vulnerable Populations training, complete the Protection of Minors Form and Assumption of Risk Form:
- Complete the Protection of Minors form:
- Complete the Assumption of Risk Form: