Work at and with the CSJ!
Georgetown’s Center for Social Justice Research, Teaching, and Service serves as the hub for the University community’s engagement in the Jesuit mission for the common good. The Center for Social Justice also works to infuse social justice and community-engaged scholarship, pedagogies, and service throughout the University in the joint pursuit of a more just, humane, and sustainable world. Guided by Georgetown’s Jesuit values, Center-wide explicit commitments to anti-racism and environmental justice, and the advancement of diversity, equity, and belonging, the Center offers diverse opportunities for students, faculty, and staff of the University community to explore and cultivate distinctive civic identities and actions that prioritize human dignity and solidarity.
The Center for Social Justice at Georgetown University seeks to increase the diversity of its administrative and educator staff and student employee and volunteer populations because broad diversity supports the achievement of the Center’s mission of working with diverse communities through engaged scholarship and pedagogy, service, activism, advocacy, and immersion. Therefore, in assessing the varied qualifications of an applicant to an open position, we consider favorably an individual’s record that includes lived experience with diverse perspectives, as well as a variety of educational, research, or other work activities. As a Jesuit Catholic institution of higher education, we seek candidates who will contribute to our critical hope and daily work of offering a transformative education in the Jesuit tradition.
*** Working Timelines for Spring and Summer 2021 Professional Staff Recruitment and Hiring ***
We are currently recruiting for:
Professional staff positions:
- Jumpstart Site Manager (posted February 2021)
- Director of Engaged Scholarship and Pedagogy/Assistant Research Professor (posted March 25, 2021)
- Assistant Director, Student Organizations and Leadership (posted April 28, 2021)
- Associate Director, Racial Justice Initiatives (posted April 28, 2021)
Post-graduate Full-time Volunteer (AY2021-2022)
- A full-time post-graduate volunteer position (Homelessness Outreach Coordinator) at the Center for Social Justice with the Franciscan Mission Volunteers is open. (posted March 2021)
Justice Graduate Interns:
- Recruiting and interviewing Master’s students for our AY21-22 positions. Application is due by 11:59pm EST on Monday, May 3.
Federal Work Study (FWS) undergraduate Hoyas:
- Contact Dr. Andria Wisler, CSJ’s Executive Director, if you are an undergraduate student interested in summer Federal Work Study positions.