Georgetown University has established a Protection of Minors Policy to protect those under 18 years of age who participate in programs and activities associated with the University and to provide guidance to University students, faculty and staff who are involved with such programs and activities. Read additional information about the policy.
CSJ is committed to educating students about their obligation to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect that they may encounter while working in CSJ programs. The introductory training for CSJ programs includes information about campus and online resources for reporting, as well as University and District of Columbia requirements. Situations that may require reporting are difficult, and CSJ staff members are available as resources to provide guidance and support to students who believe they have encountered a situation that requires reporting.
If at any point a student has questions about his or her obligations or what to do in a particular situation, the student should contact their Program Director and/or the CSJ Associate Director, Ray Shiu. More information about CSJ’s reporting protocol. Questions about CSJ’s compliance with the Protection of Minors policy can be directed to CSJ’s Associate Director, Ray Shiu.
Students participating in CSJ-sponsored or –affiliated programs that work with minors must attend a Protection of Minors training on one of the dates below. If you are unable to attend any of the following trainings, please contact CSJ’s Graduate Assistant for Training and Compliance as soon as possible. A good faith effort will be made to accommodate your scheduling requirements.
- Monday, September 16 - 12:30pm-2:00pm in Walsh 494 - Register here
- Tuesday, September 17- 9:30pm-11:00am in Walsh 492 - Register here
- Tuesday, September 24 - 9:30am-11:00am in Walsh 492 - Register here
- Thursday, September 26 - 3:30pm- 5:00pm in ICC 116 - Register here
- Tuesday, October 1 - 12:30pm- 2:00pm in Car Barn 205 - Register here
- Friday, October 4 - 11:00am- 12:30pm in Car Barn 302 - Register here
- Monday, October 7 - 11:00am- 12:30pm in Car Barn 201 - Register here
- Tuesday, October 8 - 12:30pm- 2:00pm Car Barn 205 - Register here
- Thursday, October 17 - 3:30pm- 5:00pm in ICC 102 - Register here
- Friday, October 18 - 11:00am- 12:30pm in Car Barn 202 - Register here
- Tuesday, October 22 - 9:30am- 11:00am in Car Barn 309 - Register here
- Thursday, October 24 - 3:30pm- 5:00pm in ICC 102 - Register here
- Tuesday, October 29 - 12:30pm- 2:00pm in Car Barn 205 - Register here
- Thursday, October 31 - 3:30pm- 5:00pm in ICC 102 - Register here
Protection of Minors Certification and Assumption of Risk Forms
After completing CSJ's Vulnerable Populations training, complete the Protection of Minors Form and Assumption of Risk Form (see schedule above):