Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Time: 6:30pm (for working professionals) and 7:00 pm (for students) - 8:30 pm
Fisher Colloquium, Rafik Hariri Building (map)
Careers for the Common Good is an annual event that brings together current undergraduates with over 75 alumni and DC area professionals who are working in industries and fields that support "the common good." Throughout the ninety minute networking event, alumni and local professionals share their career path experiences, advice, suggestions and lessons-learned to help students take a step towards a career for the common good. Career fields and industries represented include nonprofit organizations, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, social and direct service organizations, and alumni engaged in health, international development, environment and sustainability, education, philanthropy, adovcacy, activism, and more. While this event is geared towards undergraduate students of all years, graduate students are welcome to attend.
Careers for the Common Good is an annual event of the Service Work Action Group (SWAG) with members from Alumni Career Services, Center for Social Justice, College Dean's Office, McDonough Office of Professional and Leadership Development, School of Foreign Service Dean's Office, Campus Ministry, School of Nursing and Health Studies Dean's Office, Kalmanovitz Initiative, Beeck Center for Social Impact and Innovation, Student Affairs, and Cawley Career Education Center.
- Please click here to register.
- The 2018 Careers for the Common Good is an official event of CSJ's Social Justice Weeek. Contact CSJ's Assistant Director for Student Organizations and Leadership, Whitney Maddox, with questions about the event.
- The attire for this event is business casual. Careers for the Common Good is not intended to be a job placement or recruiting session, but another way to broaden your alumni network and knowledge of the job market. Please do not bring your resume, but feel free to bring business cards if you have them. The event is run like a reception with food and drinks.
- Check out these great webinars from Alumni Career Services, to help you prepare for the event!
So Call Me Maybe? Strategies for Connecting to Hoya Alumni
Interview Like a Talk Show Host: Land the Job
How to Network When You Don't Know What You Want to Do
- Join Hoya Gateway and connect with fellow Hoyas!
- These are some of the sites that have been represented in recent years:
Jesuit Refugee Service, NPR, Children's National Medical Center, Women LEAD, National Labor Relations Board, DC Prep, DC Hunger Solutions, World Vision, ICF International, Peace Corps, Booz Allen, CIPE, U.S. House of Representatives, The MITRE Corporation, Brookings Institution, The Atlantic, Georgetown University, The World Bank
For Alumni and Local Professionals
- Please fill out this Google Form to register for Careers for the Common Good.
If you haven't yet, read this invitation letter from CSJ's Executive Director, Dr. Andria Wisler.
Careers for the Common Good begins at 6:30pm as a networking time for working professionals. Students arrive at 7:00pm. Careers for the Common Good is a non-alcoholic event. There will be plenty of food!
Alumni, join Hoya Gateway and connect with fellow Hoyas!
If you have an internship or job to post, hire a Hoya! Start by posting through the Cawley Career Education Center's database, Handshake.