New in 2019 --- Careers for the Common Good is now Hoyas for Others Networking Night!
Thursday, March 28, 2019 (NEW DATE!)
Time: 6:30pm (for working professionals) and 7:00 pm (for students) - 8:30 pm
Healey Family Student Center Great Room (map)
Hoyas for Others Networking Night is an annual event that brings together current undergraduates with over 75 alumni and DC area professionals who are working in industries and fields that support "the common good." Throughout the ninety minute networking event, alumni and local professionals share their career path experiences, advice, suggestions and lessons-learned to help students take a step towards a career for the common good. Career fields and industries represented include nonprofit organizations, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, social and direct service organizations, and alumni engaged in health, international development, environment and sustainability, education, philanthropy, adovcacy, activism, and more. While this event is geared towards undergraduate students of all years, graduate students are welcome to attend.
- Please click here to register through Hoya Gateway.
- Contact Cawley Career Education Center's Elizabeth Schill, with questions about the event.
- The attire for this event is business casual. Hoyas for Others Networking Night is not intended to be a job placement or recruiting session, but another way to broaden your alumni network and knowledge of the job market. Please do not bring your resume, but feel free to bring business cards if you have them. The event is run like a reception with food and drinks.
- Check out these great webinars from Alumni Career Services, to help you prepare for the event!
So Call Me Maybe? Strategies for Connecting to Hoya Alumni
Interview Like a Talk Show Host: Land the Job
How to Network When You Don't Know What You Want to Do
- Join Hoya Gateway and connect with fellow Hoyas!
- These are some of the organizations that have been represented in recent years:
Jesuit Refugee Service, NPR, Children's National Medical Center, Women LEAD, National Labor Relations Board, DC Prep, DC Hunger Solutions, World Vision, ICF International, Peace Corps, Booz Allen, CIPE, U.S. House of Representatives, The MITRE Corporation, Brookings Institution, The Atlantic, Georgetown University, The World Bank
Click the Hoyas for Others Networking Night event registration link. You will be automatically directed to Hoya Gateway.
Click "Register Now." You will be prompted to sign in to Hoya Gateway. If you already have a profile, login as usual and complete the event signup.
If you need to set up a new Hoya Gateway profile, you may register for Hoya Gateway with either your LinkedIn, Facebook, GU NetID, or email login. ** For the most seamless experience, login with LinkedIn so Hoya Gateway can pull all your information in from LinkedIn! **
Set up a Hoya Gateway profile (be sure to include a profile picture).
Once your profile is set up, you will be directed to the Hoyas for Others Networking Night event to complete your registration.
If you haven't yet, read this invitation letter from HfONN planning committee.
Hoyas for Others Networking Night begins at 6:30pm as a networking time for working professionals. Students arrive at 7:00pm. Hoyas for Others Networking Night is a non-alcoholic event. There will be plenty of food!
If you have an internship or job to post, hire a Hoya! Start by posting through the Cawley Career Education Center's database, Handshake.